Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review from Michelle at Goodreads

from Michelle @ Goodreads

This book is so unique. It's a mermaid story and a dystopian all in one. Plus there are really cool powers involved. This book has it all, but it never seems like too much. The story all fits together really nicely. I read this book in one sitting- I was that absorbed in the book. 

Mira was pretty cool. I thought she handled everything so well. If I were that noticeably different than all the people in my community, it would be hard. It probably helped having a friend like Niren though. He is the definition of loyalty, and we all know how much I love my loyal characters! He was so sweet, and cute when he was trying to get Mira's attention. 

I would have liked a little more character development on some of the secondary characters. There were probably close to 10 main players in the book, but only Mira and Niren were really fleshed out. The others were a little flat at times. They were likable though and they played pretty good roles in the story, I just would have liked to get to know them a little better. 

The story really picks up when Mira goes into the mainland in search of something. She gets a dose of harsh reality of what the world is really like, and of course, being the kick butt heroine that she is, she just has to try and save the day. The Mers has tons of action and plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. And then when some powers start to show up in the book, it gets super cool! I really enjoyed the story. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Logo

Logo